JDK 9 RFC on test for 6212869: File.setLastModified(long) incorrect after calling TimeZone.setDefault()

Brian Burkhalter brian.burkhalter at oracle.com
Tue May 23 19:41:57 UTC 2017

For issue [1] I wrote a test [2] which subsumes the test in the issue report and ran it on the usual platforms via a regression job including the core java.io tests and I did not observe the reported failure. Therefore this issue can simply be resolved as “Cannot Reproduce.” I am wondering however whether it would be worth adding the new test to the repository anyway, under a new, different issue ID, of course? In that case would there still be a “@bug” tag in the test and if so which issue number would it have?

Thanks,

Brian

[2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/6212869/webrev.00/