[concurrency-interest] curious if there is a Local.java in the works for CompletableFutures like scala has

Josh Humphries jhump at bluegosling.com
Mon May 22 20:01:41 UTC 2017

Pavel,
It sounds like you want something like this
<https://github.com/jhump/bluegosling/blob/master/src/com/bluegosling/concurrent/executors/ContextPropagatingExecutor.java>
and this
<https://github.com/jhump/bluegosling/blob/master/src/com/bluegosling/concurrent/executors/ContextPropagator.java#L124>,
and specify the former as the Executor parameter to the CompletionStage
chaining methods. Java 9 adds new overridable methods to CompletableFuture
so that you could sub-class it and override defaultExecutor(), so the
context is always correctly propagated for your sub-classed kind of future.

----
*Josh Humphries*
jhump at bluegosling.com