Scanning multi version jars?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Sep 15 07:27:52 UTC 2017

On 15/09/2017 03:09, Greg Wilkins wrote:

> Alan,
>
> thanks for correcting me on the API of JarFile - I can see it kind of
> works, but in a very bizarre way (it gives different content for
> entries obtained via the enumerator vs the getJarEntry API, even
> though both entries report the same name).  But I'll discuss that
> elsewhere.
This is something that was discussed on core-libs-dev on a number of
occasions. The summary is that JarFile needs a new API for this,
versionedStream() was suggested, but it was kicked down the road for
later in order deal with the fallout from adding MR JARs.

Since you have access to the code then look at
jdk.internal.util.jar.VersionedStream for an example code of what I
think you are looking for.

-Alan