Scanning multi version jars?

Stephen Felts stephen.felts at oracle.com
Tue Sep 19 03:41:19 UTC 2017

Thanks for the clarification – I overstated the “any JarEntry”.

I didn’t look at VersionedStream so I now understand the limitations you mention.

In my case, it’s necessary to look at all files in the jar file to do the elimination of unneeded ordinary/inner classes so JarInputStream getNextJarEntry() can be used.

By using the versioned JarFile constructor, getting the JarEntry returns the right one for processing.  If I needed further filtering on the file names, I’d need to return the real file names.

Maybe the use case isn’t so universal or well defined.