Review Request: JDK-8187449: jdeps fails when an upgradeable module is upgraded with an automatic module

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Tue Sep 19 16:54:22 UTC 2017

> On 18 Sep 2017, at 14:44, mandy chung <mandy.chung at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk10/webrevs/8187449/webrev.00/

JdepsConfiguration
—

 288             // is this module from the system module path?
 289             boolean isSystem = false;
 290             if (system.find(mn).isPresent()) {
 291                 URI loc = system.find(mn).get().location().orElse(null);
 292                 isSystem = location.equals(loc);
 293             }

I believe you can use flatMap so we transform from one Optional domain to another e.g.:

  URI loc = system.find(mn).flatMap(<Class>::location).orElse(null);
  boolean isSystem = location.equals(loc);

Or:

  boolean isSystem = system.find(mn).flatMap(<Class>::location).map(l -> l.equals(loc)).orElse(Boolean.FALSE);

Up to you.

Paul.