RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 3

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Thu Sep 21 19:36:52 UTC 2017

On Sep 21, 2017, at 10:50 AM, Martin Buchholz <martinrb at google.com> wrote:

> NonNestmates does have nested classes, but they need to be non-nestmates of
> the invoking test code.  I don't think we have a word for birds that are
> not in the same nest.  Japanese has
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchi-soto <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchi-soto>
> so .... Soto.java ?

"One for whom household honorifics is inappropriate."
Nice.  So C.N and C may refer to each other as "C-san"
and "C.N-san", reflecting their nestmate privileges.
But they both refer to "D" as "D".

The distinction of outsider vs. insider works in
English as well.

Hmmm, we have so many colorful terms for an
outsider that tries to be an insider:  impostor,
interloper, crasher, bounder, poser…   And
among birds, the cuckoo does this.