RFR 8080225: FileInputStream cleanup should be improved

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com
Sat Sep 30 15:55:32 UTC 2017

Hi Bernd,

The reachabilityFence only ensures that the local variable 'ref' is not
prematurely
deemed to be out of scope  by the hotspot compiler.
The value of 'raf' is set to null before the gc is triggered (usually)
on the first iteration of the loop.

I'll add a comment.

Regards, Roger