Removing the Barrier

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:43:46 UTC 2018

The javadoc comments in public API are a requirement in OpenJDK and can
not be removed. This is the OpenJDK project policy. If you want to
extend OpenJDK you have to add the comments. And not only comments. New
public API may be added to OpenJDK only after passing the special
process called CSR:

https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/csr/Main

So if your schedule doesn't allow you to add comments, I would not
venture into adding new public API to OpenJDK as it is much more work
than just adding comments...

Regards, Peter