RFR: 8194154 patch for crash at File.getCanonicalPath()

yumin qi yumin.qi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:35:45 UTC 2018

HI, Alan

  As in your email to RFR of 8194154 which now has a new fix in
canonicalize_md.c, switch back to discuss solution here again.
  The current fix is not in java, instead, I put it in C function. In the
function before the fix, it assumes no more "//" pattern in the string so
failed to get correct substrings with the case as the test case.
  The fix should not cause other problem since it does double check if
double or more slashes in sequential.

  The APIs indicates 'user.dir' etc system property should not be
rewritten, but did not prevent modifying them in practise.

Thanks
Yumin