JEP [DRAFT]: Container aware Java

kedar mhaswade kedar.mhaswade at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 18:30:16 UTC 2018

This appears useful.

Will Runtime.getRuntime().availableProcessors() return the processors
available to the container after this integration, or will a new API be
provided? I have seen thread pools being misconfigured (e.g. it returns the
number of processors available on the host which is far more than that of
processors allotted by cgroups to the container) because of the confusion
(or because of just using the non-container-aware code).

Regards,
Kedar