[11] Review Request: 8205537 Drop of sun.applet package

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Mon Jul 2 13:36:57 UTC 2018

Hello.
Please review the fix for jdk11.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8205537/webrev.00/

sun.applet is an internal package contained some code related to
implementation of applets and appletviewer. Some of its classes were
dropped already: JDK-8204454, JDK-8203308. Now there are only 3 classes,
all related to the applet security and we can drop them as well.

In the fix this package was removed, and the tests were updated to not
use it. I am not sure how "ClassnameCharTest.java" is useful after
applets removal, but since this test used subclass of the
AppletClassLoader, I have copied some code from the removed class to the
test.

--
Best regards, Sergey.