Prototype of jpackager in jdk/sandbox [was: Draft JEP proposal: JDK-8200758: Packaging Tool]

forax at univ-mlv.fr forax at univ-mlv.fr
Sat Jul 7 14:10:22 UTC 2018

----- Mail original -----
> De: "Kevin Rushforth" <kevin.rushforth at oracle.com>

Hi Kevin,
like you, i don't think that a full rewrite is necessary, as you said having the right public 'interfaces' is enough,
but reducing the size the duplicated code (with the JDK and internally) is as important in my opinion.

For the first point, it means that jpackager should use jopt for the argument parsing (to be fully compatible with the GNU style of options).
For the second point, it means to change a lot of code that may break because it's less mechanical than introducing try-with-resources.

regards,
Rémi