[RFR] 8205525 : Improve exception messages during manifest parsing of jar archives

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Thu Jul 19 10:07:34 UTC 2018

> On 19 Jul 2018, at 09:07, Baesken, Matthias <matthias.baesken at sap.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, in the meantime I  prepared a CSR :

This CSR seems a little premature.

Matthias said: "However so far it is still a bit unclear how many
exceptions we would like to enhance , so this has to be checked first “.

Has this been checked? I have seen no update on this or any other
email thread.

JDK-8204233 [1] was a pragmatic and targeted solution to a long standing
complaint. It was not intended, as is obvious by the newly added property
name, to set precedent for doing similar all over the platform.

If, after a broader discussion, this approach is to be applied to several
different areas of the platform, then maybe JDK-8204233 should be
revisited ( noting that it is JDK 11, which is currently in RDP 1 ). I think
we should try to avoid a whole plethora of these properties.

-Chris.