RFR [11] 8207846: Generalize the jdk.net.includeInExceptions security property

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Fri Jul 20 17:07:51 UTC 2018

On 7/20/18 11:08 AM, Chris Hegarty wrote:
> This is ambiguous, and needs to be clarified. Surely, it is
> better to use the same wording as the serial filter:
>
>   "Whitespace is significant and is considered part of the value."

Kind of on the fence on that one. If this were a general property/value
format, I would agree, but these values are fixed and not potentially
complicated expressions.

For example, does this mean:

jdk.includeInExceptions=hostInfo,jarInfo

and

jdk.includeInExceptions=hostInfo, jarInfo

are different? And I assume the latter " jarInfo" would be ignored?

If you are strongly in favor of this, I would highly recommend logging a
warning when there is an unknown value, otherwise typos and such would
be hard to detect (although this doesn't necessarily need to be in the
specification).

--Sean