RFR(s): 8204243: remove Thread.destroy() and Thread.stop(Throwable)

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Jun 6 03:48:30 UTC 2018

Hi Stuart,

This all looks fine to me.

One minor nit in threadPrimitiveDeprecation.html is whether the new
statements you reference a particular Java version? It reads a little
oddly to go through all the explanation and then say "Thread.x has been
removed". In the spirit of @since you might say "has been removed as of
JDK 11". Or arguably you could remove discussion of the removed methods
altogether.

Thanks,
David