Draft JEP proposal: JDK-8200758: Packaging Tool

Buchberger, Joerg Joerg.Buchberger at pruftechnik.com
Wed Jun 27 10:09:06 UTC 2018

Thanks for the info! And thanks for the efforts.  [no irony, no sarcasm - I really mean it]

But, to sum up my comprehension...

anyone who placed their bets on javapackager, starting with last LTS Java 8
will be left in the rain with followup LTS Java 11, because their ain't neither javapackager (anymore), nor jpackager (yet).

Is this correct?

So, strategic choice boils down to either throw away all work done based on javapackager so far and the associated distribution concepts (reworking everything from scratch)
or neglect Java 11 completely, thus placing all bets on jpackager really coming w/ Java 12 or even waiting for Java 14 as next LTS thereafter.

Bam(!), I think, I first need a tiny shot now ;-) and let that info sink in ...

Cheers
Jörg