Draft JEP proposal: JDK-8200758: Packaging Tool

Scott Palmer swpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:32:13 UTC 2018

Doesn’t jlink require a *fully* modularized application?  I.e. no non-module dependencies.
The packaging tool should work with all runnable Java applications, not just fully modularized ones.

Modularization seems to be a bit of an effort and is one of the main reasons my application(s) are still stuck on Java 8.

Scott