RFR: 8148188: Enhance the security libraries to record events of interest

Seán Coffey sean.coffey at oracle.com
Tue Nov 6 08:46:27 UTC 2018

With JDK-8203629 now pushed, I've re-based my patch on latest jdk/jdk code.

Some modifications also made based on off-thread suggestions :

src/java.base/share/classes/java/security/Security.java

* Only record JDK security properties for now (i.e. those in
java.security conf file)
   - we can consider a new event to record non-JDK security events if
demand comes about
   - new event renamed to *Jdk*SecurityPropertyModificationEvent

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/x509/X509CertImpl.java

* Use hashCode() equality test for storing certs in List.

Tests updated to capture these changes

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/provider/certpath/PKIXCertPathValidator.java

* Verify that self signed certs exercise the modified code paths

I've added new test functionality to test use of self signed cert.

webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8148188.v7/webrev/

Regards,
Sean.