RFR (JDK 12/java.base) 8213325: (props) Properties.loadFromXML does not fully comply with the spec

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Fri Nov 16 18:32:43 UTC 2018

Hi Joe,

1. It looks as if the parser will not complain if the root element
    is seen twice - and it looks as if it is a supported feature
    since the previous implementation also had a counter.

    Should this be tested?
    If this is a feature and multiple roots are supported
    then the new impl might have an issue with allowing only
    one comment (maybe).

2. The rootElm qName is now set at two locations. Is the overridden
    method below still needed? Could it have been used instead of
    introducing a new startDTD method?

  212     @Override
  213     public void notationDecl(String name, String publicId, String
systemId) throws SAXException {
  214         rootElm = name;
  215     }

best regards,