RFR: 8214077: test java/io/File/SetLastModified.java fails on ARM32

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Nov 23 11:00:39 UTC 2018

On 23/11/2018 09:37, Nick Gasson wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I've done this here:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~njian/8214077/webrev.2/
This looks right and reduces the stat usages in libjava down to one
remaining case (ProcessHandlerImpl_linux.c).

> I'm a bit unsure about #ifndef MACOSX - some existing files guard
> the stat64 #define with this (e.g. UnixFileSystem_md.c) and some
> don't (e.g. libnio/ch/FileDispatcherImpl.c). I don't have access
> to an OS X machine to test, but I guess it doesn't matter too
> much as AFAIK Apple haven't supported 32-bit for a long time?

Some sources are using _ALLBSD_SOURCE, I think this dates back to the
Apple/BSD patch (went into 7u4 and 8). So there is a bit of consistency
that should be cleaned up some time. Apple may have had a 32-bit build
of the JDK many years ago but the changes that were into OpenJDK were
for building on 64-bit only.

-Alan