RFR JDK-8209553: ExceptionInInitializerError can have a default detail message if the cause is given

Jason Mehrens jason_mehrens at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:47:42 UTC 2018

Hi Mandy,

Like in previous patches, I advocated for using 'super.getCause()' in writeObject to avoid any subclass hooking into serialization.  I even lean towards the legacy getXXX methods call super.getCause too so they are compatible with previous behavior.

Does Throwable.setCause need a more obscure name encase there are subclasses of throwable in the wild with that signature?

EIIE has double semi-colon in the constructor and PAE has a random javadoc modification.

Cheers,

Jason