Source file launcher - Handling of pre-compiled classes of the source file

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 07:33:55 UTC 2018

Hi Jaikiran,

Forwarding to compiler-dev as the core of source file launcher feature
is produced there...

The check for main class is performed after compilation (which actually
produces the main class name).

I think it would be possible to check for all classes compiled from the
source file after compilation without to much complication. The
compilation produces classes and stores them into a Map<String, byte[]>.
The keySet() of that map is a Set of compiled class names. Each of them
could be tested via .getResource() invoked upon the application class
loader. The error could even point to the URL of the conflicting class
file that way...

Regards, Peter