Review Request JDK-8210721: Replace legacy serial exception field with Throwable::cause

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Fri Sep 14 11:01:09 UTC 2018

Hi Mandy,

Looks good to me as well.

If a JDK 12 exception is deserialized by an earlier version of
the JDK, then the deserialized exception will have both its
cause field and custom exception field set to the cause
(instead of having the cause field null and the custom field
carrying the cause), but I believe that's benign.

Nit: PrivilegedActionException.java

   75      *Memory

is missing a space after the *.

Obviously no need for another webrev, and no need for a new
fix if you pushed already...

best regards,

-- daniel