RFR - JDK-8202442 - String::unescape (Code Review)

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Tue Sep 18 18:33:38 UTC 2018

Jim,

In JLS, and hence javac, Unicode escape handling happens early on at a
low level, before string escape handling. This means that it is
technically possible to write string escape sequences in terms of
Unicode escapes.

I'm not suggesting you should do the same here, but you should be aware
of the difference, compared to javac behavior.

-- Jon