RFR (Enhancement): 6194856: Zip Files lose ALL ownership and permissions of the files

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Wed Sep 26 07:48:54 UTC 2018

Hi Alan,

thanks for your initial comments.

> One initial comment is that you should be able to drop the API additions to
> PosxFilePermissions - I think all you need there translation from
> Set<PosixFilePermission> to internal values, it doesn't require bloating the
> API.

I agree, it doesn't feel right to bloat PosixFilePermissions with details needed for zip operations.

I now moved this coding to the ZipUtils classes. The only drawback is the duplication of the code but there's already quite some duplication of coding between java.util.zip and jdk.nio.zipfs.

Here is an updated webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/6194856.1/

Best regards
Christoph