RFR JDK-8193325: StackFrameInfo::getByteCodeIndex returns wrong value if bci > 32767

Frederic Parain frederic.parain at oracle.com
Tue Aug 13 00:13:22 UTC 2019

This looks good to me, with two comments:

I don’t like the static final RETAIN_CLASS_REF for the same
reasons as Aleksey, but I can live with that.

The protocol between the JVM and the Java class is well explained
on the JVM side (javaClasses.cpp:4227). I think it would be valuable
to provide the same description on the Java side, the comment in
StackFrameInfo.java:42 describes only part of the protocol.

No need for another review from me.

Regards,

Fred