RFR: 8229773: Resolve permissions for code source URLs lazily

Claes Redestad claes.redestad at oracle.com
Fri Aug 16 11:14:46 UTC 2019

Hi Peter,

by explicitly ensuring the file system has been initialized before
installing a SecurityManager using a hook in System.setSecurityManager,
the patch at hand takes step to ensure things stay neutral w.r.t.
Permission initialization order when using any SecurityManager. It's not
perfectly identical, so while unlikely, there's a theoretical
possibility some implementation scenario not covered by our regression
tests might run into issues. Any help testing custom implementation on
coming EA builds would be greatly appreciated!

One thing we could do on the JDK end to reduce fragility somewhat in
this area is to provoke initialization of
sun.security.util.SecurityConstants before installing the first SM.

/Claes