RFR 8229958: Provider.getService() scalability issue for legacy algorithms and message digests

Ivan Gerasimov ivan.gerasimov at oracle.com
Wed Aug 21 07:07:22 UTC 2019

Hi Letu!

The fix introduces a read of non-volatile variable legacyChanged outside
of synchronized block, which is not guaranteed to produce consistent
results.

(Please note that in the mentioned fix for JDK-7092821 the variable
servicesChanged was made volatile, so that it could be accessed outside
the synchronized blocks.)

With kind regards,

Ivan

--