RFR: 8235169: [TESTBUG] java/nio/channels/DatagramChannel/ManySenders.java fails on Ubuntu18.04

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Dec 2 07:23:22 UTC 2019

On 02/12/2019 06:00, Jie Fu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The failure was caused by InetAddress.getLocalHost() which returns
> "127.0.1.1" on our Ubuntu18.04 machines.
>
> JBS:    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8235169
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jiefu/8235169/webrev.00/
>
> Could you please review it and give me some advice?
It's okay for getLocalHost to return a loopback address. If I read your
bug report correctly, the issue is that the
NetworkInterface.getByInetAddress is returning null so we should skip
that interface. Can you bring this to nio-dev and we can discuss a
cleaner way to do this that shouldn't skip the entire test.
-Alan