RFR: JEP 359: Records (Preview) (full code)

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Tue Dec 3 23:32:11 UTC 2019

Hi Vicente,

I reviewed jvm.h, jvm.cpp, and the changes in java.base but only skimmed
on the serialization change from this version:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vromero/records.review/all_code/webrev.01/

Class::getRecordComponents
    - JVM_GetRecordComponents creates a new RecordComponent array or a
zero-length array if not a record.   The copying is not needed. I would
recommend to include the spec of JVM_GetRecordComponents in jvm.h.

Class.c

80 {"getRecordComponents0", "()[" OBJ, (void *)&JVM_GetRecordComponents},
81 {"isRecord0", "()Z", (void *)&JVM_IsRecord}, Formatting nit: the new
lines can be aligned with the existing lines/columns.
java/lang/runtime/package-info.java.html I think this package summary
should also have @PreviewFeature, shouldn't it? RecordComponent.java   247      * Return the record class which declares this record component.

s/Return/Returns/ to be consistent with other methods.

I'd expect that the webrev should show the runtime tests are renamed rather
than hg add/hg remove (that would make it easier to review).

Mandy