RFR 8235930 : java.util.regex.PrintPattern does not print a link to the next node

Ivan Gerasimov ivan.gerasimov at oracle.com
Sat Dec 14 19:42:24 UTC 2019

Thank you Martin for looking at this!

On 12/14/19 6:58 AM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> Did you mean to change from System.err to System.out?

Yes.  The first string that this utility prints in main() goes to
System.out.
Not sure why the rest would need to go to another stream.

> I might have fixed the overloading by giving one of the overloaded
> methods a better name.  How about
> private static void printIndented(String s, int depth)

Now, after removing the overload `print(String fmt, Object ... args)`
(which was just an alias of printf(String fmt, Object ... args)), we
have two print() methods, and both of them indent the text.

I am not planning to invest much into this utility, just wanted to fix
that annoying glitch.

With kind regards,
Ivan

--