[14] Review Request: 8233827 Enable screenshots in the enhanced failure handler on Linux/macOS

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Dec 23 18:15:20 UTC 2019

I am not sure what the right mailing list(s) are for this change.
It definitely isn't a core-libs change. I think build-dev may be better.

I am also unclear when this failure handler is invoked and how all this
machinery works.

It is only useful for headful tests and so I'd only want it enabled in
such a case.
And we disable the failure handlers in the headful test jobs anyway
because they seem
focused on taking pointless core dumps ...

So we need something that can be used with headful tests only and
doesn't involve
re-enabling the other handlers.

Also why exclude Windows ? No easy way to get the screenshot ?

-phil.