jpackage custom resources not found

Rachel Greenham rachel at strangenoises.org
Tue Jan 15 16:55:06 UTC 2019

My understanding was that this particular jdk build only exists for the
sake of getting jpackage out there into our hands (hence my point about
putting it out as a jlinked app instead), and if you want to play with
jdk13-ea in its own right, should probably get a fresh one to do just
that, as the one used in these jpackage builds is not necessarily always
going to be the most up to date, and also may have changes needed by
jpackage that haven't been accepted upstream yet. In fact the latter
seems almost likely to me as otherwise why not just include jpackage in
the ea builds now?

 From my point of view, it's easy enough to do this, and the only
downside is needing to exec it as its own process rather than invoke
in-process via ToolProvider from my usual buildsystem jdk, which I
intend to move to doing later when it is finally part of the JDK I'm
actually building with. Wastes disk space too, but don't care about
that, have plenty. :-)

--
Rachel