jpackage errors

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 14:28:26 UTC 2019

> On Jan 19, 2019, at 8:19 AM, Andy Herrick <andy.herrick at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> 1.) jpackage is only compatible with JDK9+,  so it can't work with --runtime-image pointing to JDK8, but clearly I need some work to detect that and display a clear error message.

OK thanks. I did also try 9 and 11 the same way. I haven't used those yet much myself but the error related to the jli dylib was the same for each.
When I was trying to figure out why my app was originally not working with 12 I found a jli.dylib in my MacOS directory and I think I tried moving it out. So it might be something I did?
But, for right now including the runtime option always fails on copying that file.

> 2.) javax.script.ScriptException is a public API so I don't see why you would get this NoClassDefFoundError, can you shar the entire jpackage build command ?

This was just missing an —add-modules I realized later. I haven’t done that much modular related so far. This error was easily fixed. I’m still not sure on the runtime error though that it accidentally turned up.