jpackage OS X Classes directory

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 14:41:19 UTC 2019

Going back to old legacy application building code on OS X the original OS X port project came up with AppBundler. That had included a feature where a Classes directory was included in <App>/Contents/Java/Classes. This directory was also automatically added into classpath. I found it convenient for adding application specific resources like property files. I’m not sure I ever saw anyone else mention using it.

I am currently not finding those files in testing my jpackage app so I assume that is no longer supported? It was copied when I pointed my jpackage input directory to my old application’s Java directory but I am guessing it is no longer in class path. I suppose just jar’ing the resources into a file in the Java directory would be an easy enough fix, although to me maybe slightly less convenient.

Is this, in fact, no longer supported? Is there any chance some similar feature might be added?