JDK-8217777 TEST_BUG: jdk/java/util/prefs/ExportSubtree.java passes even when test should fail

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Fri Jan 25 14:30:30 UTC 2019

Hi Steve,

in general this change looks reasonable to me.

I think in case there is an error, it would be useful to get a printout of the expected/vs actual strings like these lines:
43           //System.out.print(baos.toString());
44           //System.out.print(expectedResult);

I'll take the change and run it through our test system and see if we see any issues.

Is it ok for you if we do the fix just in the jdk branch (JDK13) or are you particularly interested in getting this fixed for jdk12 and/or jdk11u?

Best regards
Christoph