RFR : 8217093: Support extended-length paths in parse_manifest.c on windows

Langer, Christoph christoph.langer at sap.com
Tue Jan 29 08:58:34 UTC 2019

Hi Matthias,

> > New webrev :
> >

> > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbaesken/webrevs/8217093.4/
>
> This is the one. Looks good ( and clean ).

I agree, this version would be ok for me to be pushed. It would be good ,though, if there was a test for this (long paths on Windows).

I also like Alan's suggestion to open a follow up bug to explore using CreateFile on Windows right away rather than trying open. Looking at libjava/libnet/libnio, it's all CreateFileW on Windows...

Best regards
Christoph