RFR: JDK-8216558: Lookup.unreflectSetter(Field) fails to throw IllegalAccessException for final fields

Adam Farley8 adam.farley at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jan 30 15:52:59 UTC 2019

Hi Mandy,

CSR has been raised: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8218061

The webrev I used includes John's comments, your additions, the
one-line-IF,
and I also took the liberty of moving the unreflectField method underneath

the unreflectSetter method, because it seemed strange that it was located
between unreflectSetter and unreflectGetter.

Online webrev has been updated to include these changes:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~afarley/8216558/webrev

Thoughts and comments, from you and others, are welcome as always.

Best Regards

Adam Farley
IBM Runtimes

Unless stated otherwise above: