RFR: 8214712: Archive Attributes$Name.KNOWN_NAMES

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Mar 14 17:13:47 UTC 2019

On 14/03/2019 16:26, Claes Redestad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this RFE was stalled due an interaction with SA that has since been
> resolved. As it still applies cleanly I'll consider it reviewed. I'm
> just going to do some sanity testing (tier1) before push.
I think we need to rollback some of the changes that we done in
JDK-6805750 so that we don't have non-standard attributes in the map. We
shouldn't be hard coding names such as Ant-Version or Bnd-LastModified
for example.

For the current webrev then I'm concerned it is brings back legacy
attributes. The concept of "installed optional packages" was removed in
Java SE 9, as was the ability for JAR packaged applets to trigger
downloading of optional packages. I don't think the later was ever
implemented in the JDK so surprising that we are finding JAR files with
those attributes now. If we can prune that down then I think the changes
will be okay.

-Alan.