RFR: 8232613: Move Object.registerNatives into HotSpot

Claes Redestad claes.redestad at oracle.com
Tue Oct 22 11:13:06 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-22 13:05, Andrew Dinn wrote:
> On 22/10/2019 12:05, Claes Redestad wrote:
>> On 2019-10-22 12:44, Andrew Dinn wrote:
>>> Why not leave it void?
>>
>> I guess:
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8232613/open.02/
> Ship it ;-)

No wait, I missed the use in jni.cpp where the bool return is actually
used. I ignored it in systemDict since when I got an exception there
(by misspelling a name or using the wrong signature) the exception
bubbles up and crashes the VM.

Perhaps this could be reworked to remove the bool cleanly, but let's go
back to open.01 and move that cleanup to a follow-up.

/Claes