14 RFR (M) 8232080: jlink plugins for vendor information and run-time options

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Tue Oct 22 21:12:18 UTC 2019

On 10/21/19 8:22 PM, mark.reinhold at oracle.com wrote:
> RFE: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8232080
> CSR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8232753
> Webrev: https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mr/rev/8232080/

Looks good to me.  One minor comment:

AddResourcePlugin isn't really a FILTER, probably best to add a new
category for new resource file.   jlink hardcodes the order of the
categories that determines the order of the plugins to be executed (I
see the existing implementation could be cleaned up in the future).   I
think we didn't want to the options resource to be filtered by
--exclude-resources plugin and so the add-options plugin should run
after all filter plugins.

Mandy