RFC: 8229469 JEP 386: Alpine Linux/x64 Port

Mikael Vidstedt mikael.vidstedt at oracle.com
Tue Sep 1 21:29:55 UTC 2020

Great to see this - thank you for all the great work you’re putting into it!

The changes are in line with what I’m expecting given that I’ve looked at them before, so looks good to me! That said, I’ve looked at this so many times now - and after all even authored some of the original changes - so I would very much appreciate some other hotspot and core libs eyes on it. :)

One very minor thing I realized:

WB_GetLibcName now returns “glibc” by default (unless MUSL_LIBC is defined) which means it may return “glibc” on platforms where the default library really isn’t GNU libc. I will work just fine for what it’s currently being used for (isMusl), but is potentially a bit misleading.

Cheers,
Mikael