RFR: 8244706: GZIP "OS" header flag hard-coded to 0 instead of 255 (RFC 1952 non-compliance) [v4]

Lance Andersen lancea at openjdk.java.net
Tue Sep 15 16:57:23 UTC 2020

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 12:39:11 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <jpai at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Can I please get a review and a sponsor for this patch which fixes the issue reported in
>> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8244706?
>> The commit here sets the `OS` header flag to `255` (which represents `unknown`) as noted in [1]. A new test has been
>> included in this commit to verify the change. Furthermore, this doesn't impact the `java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream`
>> since it ignores [2] this header value while reading the headers from the stream.  [1]
>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1952#page-7 [2]
>> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/java.base/share/classes/java/util/zip/GZIPInputStream.java#L173
>
> Jaikiran Pai has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Remove unintended file commit

Thank you for making the changes that Brent and I suggested.  This looks good.  I have submitted, a
[CSR](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8253142) to track the change.

I have also created a [Release Note](https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8253185) as well.

Once the CSR has been approved, I will sponsor your change