RFR: 8218685: jlink --list-plugins needs to be readable and tidy

Alan Bateman alanb at openjdk.java.net
Wed Sep 23 15:13:02 UTC 2020

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 01:39:35 GMT, Ian Graves <igraves at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The output looks much better.  Have you considered to sort them in alphabetical order of the plugin name?
>
> Yes! I had intended to but it looks like I got hung up making sure non-documented plugins came last. Will push a change
> for this.

Can we put a base abstract class in jdk.tools.jlink.internal.plugins that implements getUsage. That would avoid needing
to have the same getUsage method in all the plugins.

The text in the value of some of the .usage keys looks like it will wrap significantly, can the values of
release-info.usage and strip-native-debug-symbols.usage be re-formatted so that the usage is readable with a default
terminal?