RFR: 8266846: Add java.time.InstantSource [v2]

Naoto Sato naoto at openjdk.java.net
Wed May 19 16:36:44 UTC 2021

On Tue, 18 May 2021 23:22:49 GMT, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/jdk/java/time/test/java/time/TestInstantSource.java line 86:
>>
>>> 84:         assertEquals(test.instant(), instant);
>>> 85:         assertSame(test.equals(InstantSource..fixed(instant));
>>> 86:         assertEquals(test.hashCode(), InstantSource..fixed(instant).hashCode());
>>
>> Not sure this would compile.
>
> I was expecting the GitHub Action to pickup coding and test issues (since my dev setup can't compile or run tests). But it seems it doesn't. do that. The latest commit should at least compile as I copied the test class to another IDE location, but I have no way of knowing if the tests pass.

GitHub Actions just verifies build and tier1 testing, while java.time tests are in tier2, so it won't catch the failure. The test case still does not compile without the `import java.time.InstantSource` statement. I've verified the test passed with that fix.