[External] : Re: What causes java.lang.InternalError: platform encoding not initialized ?

Scott Palmer swpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:49:04 UTC 2021

I have discovered that I have to have my Java Agent configured  in the .cfg file for it to happen:

[JavaOptions]
java-option=-javaagent:$APPDIR\libs\MyAgent.jar

The agent is needed in my real app only to get an instance of the Instrumentation interface. In my test code, where I have reproduced this, it is never used.  My test app just takes a URL and fetches it via a HttpURLConnection with setInstanceFollowRedirects(false) so I can capture the new location.  If you are still having trouble reproducing I will have the code cleaned up for the bug report soon...

Regards,

Scott