[External] : Re: What causes java.lang.InternalError: platform encoding not initialized ?

Andy Herrick andy.herrick at oracle.com
Wed Sep 22 13:54:20 UTC 2021

I can't seem to get your testcase to work with the Oracle JDK configured.

I can build, but then when I run

$ ./build/application/FetchURL/FetchURL.exe

I get:

> *** java.lang.instrument ASSERTION FAILED ***: "!errorOutstanding"
> with message c
> an't find transform methodID at JPLISAgent.c line: 552
> *** java.lang.instrument ASSERTION FAILED ***: "result" at
> JPLISAgent.c line: 400
>
> FATAL ERROR in native method: processing of -javaagent failed
same behavior if I restore "runtime" directory and fix FetchURL.cfg to
remove app.runtime entry.

anyway I used your two source files to build the test app without
gradle, and the test can download
https://linear-89.frequency.stream/dist/localnow/89/hls/master/playlist.m3u8
without any problems.

I then moved runtime to jre and added line "app.runtime=$APPDIR/../jre"
to cfg file and app still ran fine (downloaded the above)

So I still don't have any way to reproduce this problemwith the Oracle jdk.

/Andy

PS:

Although something somewhere else may have changed to counter the
problem, it's clear from your description, that since the only place in
the code the default runtime path is used (instead of the actual runtime
path, which may be different) is the line in WinLauncher.cpp to call
SetDllDirectory().

This should be fixed - but would like a way to reproduce the problem it
causes first.

/Andy