RFR: 8266936: Add a finalization JFR event [v12]

Markus Grönlund mgronlun at openjdk.java.net
Fri Sep 24 09:27:02 UTC 2021

> Greetings,
>
> Object.finalize() was deprecated in JDK9. There is an ongoing effort to replace and mitigate Object.finalize() uses in the JDK libraries; please see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8253568 for more information.
>
> We also like to assist users in replacing and mitigating uses in non-JDK code.
>
> Hence, this changeset adds a periodic JFR event to help identify which classes are overriding Object.finalize().
>
> Thanks
> Markus

Markus Grönlund has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  no precompiled headers and mtServiceability nmt classification

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/4731/files/62592daf..5759c605

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=4731&range=11