RFR: 4890732: GZIPOutputStream doesn't support optional GZIP fields [v12]

Lance Andersen lancea at openjdk.java.net
Thu Sep 30 19:03:34 UTC 2021

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 03:10:33 GMT, Lin Zang <lzang at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Dear All, This PR has been pending there for quite a long time. I am wondering maybe this PR is not so interesting? I would like to leave this PR open for a while more, and if no new update, I would let it close automatically by timeout. Thanks!
>
> Lin

Hi Lin,

Thank you for your continued work on this.

I think we need to flush out the API  more.

Alan made a great point in his  [comment regarding the mutability of  GZIPHeaderData](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/3072#issuecomment-887629007 ):   due to the inclusion of an array  element within a record definition.  This still needs to be addressed.  We should also decide the best location for  the header flag constants.

I will try to spend a bit more time on this next week.