[External] : Re: RFR: 8286850: [macos] Add support for signing user provided app image [v2]

Michael Hall mik3hall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 20:33:36 UTC 2022

> Assuming the current JDK19 ea includes this change and dependencies. Possibly this is still incorrect.
>

> codesign -v --verbose=4 BlackJack\ Blastoff_Unsigned.app
> BlackJack Blastoff_Unsigned.app: code has no resources but signature indicates they must be present
>
> I think I reported this before. The intention was to have jpackage create an unsigned app-image and sign after post-processing but it seems to think some incorrect signature is there immediately.
> Was this not the intent of this change?

Alexander

Sorry completing the process shows that this works as expected. First creating the app-image using jpackage without signing as previously shown.

Then signing the application as per a prior post of yours…

jpackage --type app-image --app-image BlackJack\ Blastoff_Unsigned.app --mac-sign --mac-signing-key-user-name "Developer ID Application: Michael Hall (5X6BXQB3Q7)”

Codesign verifies correctly. Then adding to a dmg.

jpackage --type dmg --app-image BlackJack\ Blastoff_Unsigned.app

Completed the dmg creation successfully.

The verify error message on the signature of what’s supposed to be an unsigned app shouldn’t really matter in any way I can think of.

I should of completely checked before asking.

Thanks again.

Mike